Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lance Armstrong

I don't suppose anyone out there cares what I think.  I'm just an old woman who lives in a small town in southern Ohio.  But,  I am a big fan of Lance Armstrong, Team RadioShack & pro cycling.  So... I say this.  Let's do something else with our  tax dollars.  Let's do something else with our time.  Let's cure cancer, or create jobs, or house the homeless OK!!!  I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ALLEGATIONS.    This man has done more for cancer research & cancer survival than anyone I know.  Let's look at the BIG PICTURE shall we.   Lance Armstrong is my HERO. Lance Armstrong is the MAN.  Hands down.  No doubt.  I BELIEVE in him & his cause.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie,

    I suggest you read more into this.

    The livestrong foundation is filled with fraud and has outrageously high overhead costs.

    Lance did indeed dope, and potentially used federal funding (USPS...remember) to do it.

    Third this isn't as cut and dry as you think. Lance was the initiator of much of the doping on all the teams he was on and even bribed high ranking cycling officials to look the other way.

    Spending a little bit of money to display fraud sounds great to me.

    If you are such a fan of cycling you should consider reviewing the actual facts of the case.

    ReplyDelete